Introduction to Research
Research is the focal point of university level education all over the world. Universities extensively contribute to creation of new knowledge and discovery of new frontiers of creativity and innovation. In order to develop Balochistan University of Engineering and Technology (BUETK) into a true Centre of excellence, it is imperative that apart from maintaining high standards in teaching, research is rigorously pursued and suitably rewarded. The research output of BETK is in line with national needs and contributes for socio-economic growth of the country. The Office of research, innovation and commercialization (ORIC) established at BUETK is acting as a focal point for providing guidance and support in all activities related to research.
Office of Research innovation and Commercialization (ORIC)
The office of research innovation and commercialization (ORIC )at Balochistan University of Engineering and Technology, Khuzdar has been established in line with the aims of Higher Education commission (HEC) to develop internationally competitive research sector in Pakistan that makes a major contribution to economic prosperity, national well-being and the expansion and dissemination of knowledge.
The Balochistan University of Engineering and Technology, Khuzdar (BUETK), with the mission “to develop BUETK into a comprehensive research led university, with the focus on technology, innovation and entrepreneurship,” has devoted significant attention to research and development (R&D) and its commercialization with an aim to propagate/ establish a research culture at BUETK which caters for the national needs.
Objectives of ORIC
The ORIC at BUETK has been established with special focus on the following objectives:
1. To support university’s strategic research direction and policies.
2. To Increase and diversify research funding.
3. Improving recruitment and retention of top faculty.
4. To establish a culture so that research remains an integral component of academic activities at BUETK.
5. To ensure that high quality research of direct relevance to Pakistan’s needs.
6. To facilitate establishment of linkages between BUETK and the local industry.
7. Proactively provide information about research funding opportunities to faculty and students.
8. To encourage and assist BUETK researchers/faculty in obtaining research grants from the Public / Private Sector and Foreign Agencies.
9. Facilitate timely completion of funded research and development projects.
10. Maintain efficient and productive communication channels with funding agencies.
11. Facilitate and support BUETK researchers for publication and presentation of their research work through participation in such activities and to direct research at BUETK so as to cater for local industry requirements.