Prerequisites: Data Structures and Algorithms
To understand, analyze and develop complex software by going through different phases of software engineering methodology.
ESSENTIAL TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
• Requirement Engineering
• Analysis Models
• Design Models
• Project Management Processes
• Testing and Quality Assurance
• Deployment and Maintenance
Introduction to software engineering, Models of the software development process, Software requirements and specifications, Project planning, organization and management, , Software analysis and design techniques, Team project activities, Software quality assurance, Software testing, Software Engineering tools (CASE Tools) and environments.
- Software Engineering: A Practitioner’s Approach by Pressman, Roger S., 6th Edition, Mc Graw Hill.
- Software Engineering by Sommerville , 8th Edition, Pearson Education.
- Roger S. Pressman, “Software Engineering”, A Practitioner’s Approach, (3/ed), Megraw-Hill inc. (1992).
- Valdis Berzins Lugi, “Software Engineering with Abstractions”, Addison-Wesley Publishing (1990)
- System Analysis and Design Methods by Whitten, Bently and Dittma, 5th Edition, McGraw-Hill.
- The Mythical Man-Months by F. Brooks, Anniversary Edition, Addison-Wesley.
- The Unified Modeling Language User Guide by Booch, Rumbaugh and Jacobson, 2nd Edition, Pearson.
- The Practice of Programming by Kernighan and Pike, Edition 1999 or Latest, Addison Wesley.
- The Science of Debugging by Telles and Hsieh, Edition 2001 or Latest. Coriolis Group Books
- Applying Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML: An Annotated e-Commerce Example by Doug Rosenberg and Kendall Scott; Edition 2001, Pearson.